Home Forums SOA Exams Word Capabilities – Prometric

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Caddya
    Participant

Does anyone know whether the word documents provided for the written FSA exams (via Prometric) are set up for automatic spell check or allow to you to do a spell check at the end?

alphamu13
      Participant

I know this is late but since I just went through this I thought I’d share my experience for others. Word did have spell check enabled and autocorrect automatically set up on mine. Autocorrect was more of a hindrance than a help for me.

Most annoying issues with written CBTs (Even though the documentation warned me and I practiced this way)

• Some commonly used shortcuts are disabled while others were not – you cannot bold using shortcuts but you can underline using shortcuts
        • Manually switching screens – I caught myself trying to use keyboard shortcuts out of habit

Things I wish I knew before I took my first written CBT exam:

• Ctrl+V never pasted graphs/tables right for me, so I had to use the mouse to paste them into the Word file.
        • Staff at the Prometric site are terrible with tech issues. They didn’t know how to fix issues and only offered to move me to another workstation. I tried to get a tech issue report so that it could be sent to the SOA, but couldn’t so I just did the best I could. Luckily I only lost 5 minutes so I didn’t press the issue.
        • The exam instructions may not reflect reality. Exam instructions said the workspace shortcut would be on the taskbar and was not. The shortcut for me was on the desktop so I had to minimize the exam windows to get to the desktop.
        • There were no horizontal scroll bars when reducing the size of the exam window, so I could see the exam questions PDF, but I could not scroll over to see the time  so I had to leave the window maximized.
        • I could have had food and drink in my locker to have during a break since we get 15 additional minutes for a break. I just couldn’t access electronics or study material. I just powered through though.
      Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.