Home Forums CAS Exams Results Release Date

Viewing 16 posts - 33 through 48 (of 329 total)
  • Author
    TryhardActuary
    Participant

Didn’t we hear exams were administered into January?

resact26
      Participant

They were till 12/31 but they started grading right after 12/9. The only people who took exams after 12/9 were those who had closures and had to reschedule (likely not a material amount of people).

Dante
        Participant

About time that someone from CAS gives us some sort of timeframe.

Francis Laing
          Participant

The CAS could easily upload PDFs with the passing names for just the MAS exams to the Exam Results section 0f their website.

caseynovarina
            Participant

I have spoken to people at the CAS and they are not willing to give an answer as to why they are withholding MAS exam results other than a receptionist telling me that they like to release all of the exam grades at the same time. If they want to keep it this way, then the MAS exams should be administered a month or so after exams 5-9, not the other way around. At this point we have waited over 2 months for results for a multiple choice, computer based exam, which is ridiculous. They did however tell me that they are supposed to be sending out some information about the date that they are releasing the exam grades within the first two weeks of January.

resact26
              Participant

I feel your pain. I honestly understand why we have to wait for 5-9 but yeh, it’s a little ridiculous for MAS.

act_123
                Participant
                  resact26
                  Participant

This blows. Early February? How the hell is it fair that people might potentially spend a month of corporate study time studying for the wrong exam? Oh right, it isn’t supposed to be fair.

Tigger0209
                    Participant

Well, I guess we’ll all have to study just in case.

resact26
                      Participant

That’s not the issue. As you well know, the majority of people who pass get a 6. That means anyone who takes the conservative approach of studying for the same exam would be at a disadvantage for the next one if they happen to pass since th be starting later.

Red
                        Participant

The first time I read it, I missed the “MAS”… so my blood pressure just went for a roller coaster ride for nothing…

Tigger0209
                          Participant

Issue is that it sucks regardless, even if it’s your last one. Everyone is sooooo tired. Hard to stay motivated and study on a maybe basis.

resact26
                            Participant

Not that I did MAS but the real question is, why did it take 9 weeks to release MAS results given that they’re not being released with 5-9? If it’s multiple choice then shouldn’t the TBE dynamic have sold up the grading rather than slow it down? So many unanswered questions. Frustrating time to be a student.

Red
                              Participant

I don’t know the answer. My guess is in the past the exam committee would have a meeting to approve the exam result, and they usually have 1 meeting that would approve all exams. In the past it wasn’t an issue, but this year I guess they probably met after new years and approved MAS results, and then in a couple weeks they would held another meeting to approve 5-9  results.

For one reason or the other they probably didn’t have a meeting in Dec, or maybe they didn’t want to do so before the exam window formally closed.

Again, I have no knowledge of the working of the CAS exam committee. The guess is based on my past experience with various (non CAS) committees.

Tigger0209
                                Participant

All I can say is that I trully hope that delay is not due to a meeting; and I trully hope that I never become arrogant enough to say that my time is more valuable than a month candidates studying and the toll it takes on their families.

resact26
                                  Participant

Remember: they don’t care about you or your family. They only care about themselves which is why they didn’t postpone the exam window.

Viewing 16 posts - 33 through 48 (of 329 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.