Home Forums CAS Exams Results Release Date

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 329 total)
  • Author
    resact26
    Participant

Curious what people think in terms of whether the typical 6-7 werk timeline will start from December 9th (original end of exam window) or December 31st (revised end of exam window to accommodate test center closures). Thoughts?

act_123
      Participant

Considering that they were grading tests since December 9th according to some CAS LinkedIn posts I saw, I would hope the grading window has progressed significantly already.

resact26
        Participant

Interesting. Even before they decided to extend the window to the 31st, I heard through the grapevine from someone connected to one of the graders that the graders never had anything due until the end of January. Time will tell I guess.

Tigger0209
          Participant

I did hear something more optimistic, but at this point I am afraid to hope.

act_123
            Participant

What did you hear?

Tigger0209
              Participant

That a high % is marked.

act_123
                Participant

I haven’t heard anything, but that wouldn’t surprise me. Even if they finished grading them this week.  It would probably take them two more weeks to discuss/look at statistics before they release them.

TryhardActuary
                  Participant

They might surprise us but I think it would be great if they can get the results by mid to end of February.

There is no way they have graded anything or even started yet given the recent holidays.

act_123
                    Participant

They have posted that they started grading shortly after December 9th, they also posted that they were thankful for all the graders for grading during the holidays….

Olmstead
                      Participant

Would be nice for them to give a quick update. A simple one liner saying what progress has been made.

resact26
                        Participant

For the past two years, Fall results took 6 weeks to come out which implies it could be as early as two weeks from tomorrow if they indeed started right after 12/9. Mid to late February is a bit of a stretch. Exams are in the first week of May.

resact26
                          Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Based on a recent conversation, I can unofficially but almost certainly confirm that graders have submitted their stuff. Not sure what that means for timing.</p>

act_123
                            Participant

Normally, the graders would grade the tests and then meet up in an undisclosed location and reconcile the grades for a few days.  After that the CAS would run statistics and reports to determine the overall pass mark per exam.  Once that was decided the results would be released.

resact26
                              Participant

So its sounding like 2-3 weeks then.

caseynovarina
                                Participant

Does anyone have any idea of when the MAS-I results will be released? We took the exam 8 weeks ago today and don’t have anything yet. They have not released any kind of release date or said anything. I called last week and they said it should be within the 6-8 week window (which would mean we find out today), but they also said in a webinar in the fall that the results would be out in December.

act_123
                                  Participant

It might be later.  We don’t really know…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 329 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.