Home Forums CAS Exams Results Release Date

Viewing 16 posts - 305 through 320 (of 329 total)
  • Author
    Jakob
    Participant

I got in and kept my 5 from yesterday. uggghhhh

Pastlessness
      Participant

Failed 9, as expected. My second time. Can’t view my numerical grade yet. FML.

italia4fav
        Participant

Website is up and I passed 7! 2 left.

CoffeeBlack
          Participant

I thought I had remembered the CAS saying they are not releasing pass rates and pass marks, is that true?

poiuyt1234
            Participant

Failed 7 for the third time with a 5.  What a bummer 🙁  And I really felt like I passed it this time.

OddsAre
              Participant

Because candidates will be completing different forms of their exam in the future, it will not be possible to establish a single pass mark for each exam. Therefore, pass marks for CAS exams will no longer be published. Certain other statistics, such as the percent of candidates that pass, will continue to be published.

https://www.casact.org/press/index.cfm?fa=viewArticle&articleID=4836

Charlie the Unicorn
                Participant

Any guesses on when they’ll release pass rates? I’m very interested in seeing how everything shook out with all the changes…

Should theoretically be sooner than the past, since they don’t need to provide Examiner’s Reports. Whether that’s true in practice is questionable.

Tigger0209
                  Participant

It’s only true in the Unicorn world.

Eagle16
                    Participant

On the pass marks, there won’t be any effort to standardize them? So, there will be some candidates sitting for objectively harder exams than others? I don’t like the sound of that.

Also, i understand not releasing solutions to build up a question pool. But doesn’t that mean the CAS would also have to step away from their Blooms methodology? What’s the point of creating non-remedial questions to test our critical thinking if they won’t verify whether our reasoning is correct? There’d be no way to learn and adjust for future sittings.

Sorry if I’m just catching up. I didn’t read too far into the future exam process, since i was hoping to skate past 9 and be done with all of this.

Psych14
                      Participant

They updated the “verify candidates education status” lookup today so hopefully that means we will get pass ratios and passing candidate names in the next couple of days. Very interested to see how they compare.

lump
                        Participant

Is anybody else still waiting for a number score? I got  a pass/fail grade, but the Grade Report is blank. CAS said they’re working to fix it, but it seems that most people have gotten their score already

Tigger0209
                          Participant

Mine is missing on phone but opens on comp even though I cleared all cookies and history.

FCASplz
                            Participant

Thoughts on when%’s come out? Mid Feb is what they said, but that could be this our next week

drichard34
                              Participant
                                Michael Scott
                                Participant

Record high rates for 5 and 7… that’s nuts, they’ve never been that high excluding the TBE sitting for Spring 2018 Exam 5… guess that means for sure it’s going to be brutal this spring, especially for 7 which has never been that high ever.

6 and 8 had low # of takers… but consistent with historical pass rates.

However, I am glad to see the MAS exams starting to become more reasonable. Those exams had royally screwed over candidates over in Fall 2018 and Spring 2019 sittings.

Olmstead
                                  Participant

Yup good luck to exam 5 sitters

Viewing 16 posts - 305 through 320 (of 329 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.