Forum Replies Created
I hope you all enjoy your Thanksgiving and then pass your exams if you’re able to reschedule!
I just got a third authorization to test with the extended dates. My rescheduled date was in January so I figured it can’t hurt to at least find anything anywhere in December. Signed up near my parents house in NJ on 12/29. Not to decide if that’s even feasible with COVID.
@user056 and anyone else that has seen updated dates – did you recreate your profile based on the new email or log into your account just like any other day?
Not me. I keep checking for those later dates to open up but nothing yet.
I think if I was feeling prepared, this would be a no brainer for me. I’d go anywhere to take this test. Would really like to get this last exam for ACAS…BUT I would have been lucky to pass on 12/7. If I find a later date in the month, would that give me the extra time I need to really feel confident? So many factors.
MN was just a placeholder, our exams are not actually scheduled there. We were advised to make a new appointment immediately. Even though the window has not officially been extended in Pearson yet (1-2 days from 11/25 – I also got this response).
Question to people actually affected by this…has anyone made the decision to just accept the refund? I’m going back and forth on this.
1. I could continue to push hard and hope to find an exam appointment between 12/9-12/31. This doesn’t guarantee it won’t get canceled again.
2. I can enjoy my Thanksgiving and the rest of this awful year and do this all over again for the Spring.
CAS did send us an email (check spam or maybe you didn’t get it, I never got the first email about this process going digital).
“We are aware that candidates in Illinois received or will receive a cancellation notice for their exam sitting due to limitations placed on Pearson VUE test centers, as dictated by the state government’s health guidelines. The CAS understands your frustration at receiving this notice, as well as that of your employers, after you have spent months in preparation for the exam. CAS leadership is in regular communication to stay informed of how the situation is unfolding and to determine how best to address it. While the CAS does not have an alternative testing option to offer you at this time, we will follow up with you with additional details the week of November 30.”
So I’m not sure whether to keep studying or enjoy the holiday. Thanks CAS.
Yes, it’s infuriating that the best response they could come up with was “we’ll get you more info the week of the 30th.” Half of our exams were supposed to be that week. Not sure how that is helpful at all. I sent them an email stating they could start by actually allowing us to book dates between Dec 9 – Dec 31. I got through to Pearson and they said CAS has not authorized the extension yet.
Did anyone else just get an email from Pearson indicating you could sign up for the exam again? Essentially the same email we got months ago, no changed dates or anything.