Home Forums CAS Exams Exam Results Update

Viewing 16 posts - 17 through 32 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    resact26
    Participant

Ok. I guess it’s possible that they’re trying to purge the pipeline after all. Maybe have a low pass rate on this since they don’t have to show the stats then have another low pass rate next time since people will have less time to study. Double whammy.

Actuarialed
      Participant

Usually they give us a date. That sure was nice of them

act_123
        Participant

It’s spin.  In their eyes the test period ending December 31st and there is a new environment and more tests that were offered.

The new environment taking them more time is a bit curious.  But, maybe they are looking for ways to give credit and/or standardize how to take off points for bad labeling or reference errors.

act_123
          Participant

I honestly think they don’t have a date yet.  Which leads me to believe early February might become mid-February.

Actuarialed
            Participant

Im going to study tonight and not worry

resact26
              Participant

Which brings me to my previous point. If they knew that the test window was extended to 12/31, why didn’t they postpone the next sitting? I’m sorry but “people being on summer vacation” isn’t a good enough excuse.

Tigger0209
                Participant

To be honest, I was disappointed because i heard from a few sources that most marking was done pre Christmas. So a month+ wait seems very hard to justify. I doubt they are re-grading.

resact26
                  Participant

Also, if I recall correctly, one of the seeling points they communicated for TBE was “faster grading”. I’ll double check on that but I’m almost sure.

Actuarialed
                    Participant

what are your sources saying is the hold up

resact26
                      Participant

In either case, re-grading would only be for those who are on the 5/6 line (a fraction of the original cohort) so that’s not an excuse either.

Tigger0209
                        Participant

My sources were surprises by delay. They have no idea.

act_123
                          Participant

That’s not true the majority of tests are between 5 and 6. I have heard it’s usually 60% percent of tests are between those two scores.

Tigger0209
                            Participant

Isuspect the same act_123. You could also argue that 0-3 and 8+ already have a pretty good idea about their results.

act_123
                              Participant

You know that getting a 9 and 10 is basically impossible.

If the exam pass mark is 72% then a 9 would be 72% × 1.1^3 = above 95% (score on the test).

From what I hear there is usually very few 8s.  If a person got an 8 they would have dominated the test.

act_123
                                Participant

They said that in the past.  They never said that I’m regards to this sitting.  If they are coming up with rules and guidelines while grading because a spreadsheet exam is different that would take longer.

Ultimately we won’t know why it is taken so long.  But if the result is them taking a longer time and 45% candidates instead of 40% than that is actually a good thing.

resact26
                                  Participant

The fact that the graders have no idea why there’s a delay shows you how much of a joke this organization is, if we can even call them that.

Viewing 16 posts - 17 through 32 (of 57 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.