Home Forums CAS Exams Results Release Date

Viewing 16 posts - 65 through 80 (of 329 total)
  • Author
    resact26
    Participant

I have 7-9 and actually, I took them all this sitting. My original plan was to only do 7 before the lockdown but clearly that changed things. Not sure i can answer your questions because in the past I’ve taken one and when I failed then I skipped the next sitting (for personal reasons) so I havent had a consecutive back to back sitting in a while.

TryhardActuary
      Participant

Wow all three in one window. How fried did you feel after taking all three? Anyone in your company opposed that idea?

resact26
        Participant

Hardest thing i ever attempted and I can’t say it felt that it was successful. Afterwards, I was beyond fried. Slept for a long time. Did the others out of pocket so wasn’t an issue.

TryhardActuary
          Participant

Well i commend your bravery 😀

I’ve always wanted to try doubling up but never did.

Hopefully you got one at least.

resact26
            Participant

Thanks. I sure hope so too.

Lucy
              Participant

Word on the street is that some people couldn’t take MAS at the regular date due to covid closures, and there were make-up dates through Dec 31. I’d guess that’s what has caused the delay.

resact26
                Participant

Makes perfect sense. I never thought of that. Instead, I assumed MAS was before any of the closures.

Bananas88
                  Participant

I wonder how much Lori FleshLightFoot forcing the closure of exam centers in Chicago delayed results for all of us.

Tigger0209
                    Participant

From what i understand though, most exams are marked and were written within exam period. They had more than enough data to set pass mark and run stats. The few additional exams really would not change much.

Bananas88
                      Participant

That would make sense, though I wonder what’s causing the delay at this point, since early February will be over the typical 1.5 months from the end of the testing period, that it’s taken to grade exams and release results.

resact26
                        Participant

Maybe since its the first time they’re grading free response on the computer, there’s something they hadn’t contemplated? Maybe they’re trying to figure out how to address all the grievances they received? Or maybe they’re just trying to compress the time-frame so more people fail next time. Who knows?

resact26
                          Participant

I cant imagine what it must be like for the people who took their sitting on 11/19 (beginning of the window) and will have waited 3 months, especially those who end up failing. Talk about brutal. Glad I chose the last day of the window.

Olmstead
                            Participant

Yup. Nov 19 gang checking in.

resact26
                              Participant

Are you tearing your hair out yet?

Dante
                                Participant

Instead of the students trying to figure out what is going on, CAS should take up the responsibility and come up with a clear announcement highlighting what’s going on behind the scenes. I seriously doubt that would happen, but that is the right approach. One thing that I would like to add in here is that CAS should really allow EXAM 7 and 9 to take place in Fall 2021 as well. It kind of puts a lot of students at risk of not being able to have enough study time for these exams in Spring sitting and if they fail because of lack of studying time, then they have to wait for another year to write those exams.

Olmstead
                                  Participant

I’ve been distracted with year end at work so not completely frustrated with waiting (yet)

Viewing 16 posts - 65 through 80 (of 329 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.