Home Forums CAS Exams Results Release Date

Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 329 total)
  • Author
    resact26
    Participant

You have to remember that the CAS operates in the best interest of the CAS and their committees. They’ll always go with the most expedient or convenient option that suits them. The students have to accept it. That’s the power of an oligopoly. Theres no recourse for bad decision-making or incompetence. They know they have something the students want and that’s why they get away with this behavior year in, year out. Its quite unfortunate if you ask me.

Tigger0209
      Participant

Agreed, we are nothing but plebs.

resact26
        Participant

I beg to differ. No FCAS is superior to me as a person. Alot of them suck at their jobs and are just good test takers. From my experience, others are jerks. Dont let them make you feel inferior.

Olmstead
          Participant

In what way do they suck at their jobs. Lots of mistakes? Bad time management?

Tigger0209
            Participant

I may be a cynic, but to be bad you have to assume it’s not intentional and/or they care about consequences.

resact26
              Participant

To Olmstead: all I’m saying is that becoming an FCAS doesn’t make you some superior being.

To Tigger: regardless, the only consequences are for the students. There’s never any for the CAS board, committees etc.. That was my main point.

TryhardActuary
                Participant

I do agree, it would be nice if Exam 7 and 9 are also offered in Fall 2021. given Spring 2020 was entirely skipped.

resact26
                  Participant

But then more people would have FCAS. The CAS can’t allow that to happen!

Actuarialed
                    Participant

Yes its FCAS or go home.

resact26
                      Participant

I heard the SOA is releasing their results the last week in February. I guess the CAS isn’t lagging behind from an industry perspective. Either way, still not sure why results couldn’t have been ready next week.

act_123
                        Participant

The reason that I heard is because the new format is taking longer to grade.  The only reasonable conclusion I can come out of it, is that they are finding a lot of reference errors, where it is clear what the person intended.  This might actually be a good thing because the CAS said before they would not guess what people intended.  But maybe they are finding that they do need to do a better job grading.

Red
                          Participant

Yeah… it sucks 7 and 9 isn’t offered in October. Since 8 had an extra sitting it would have been nice if they offered 7 and 9 an extra sitting as well.

Red
                            Participant

Dumb question: is there a way to edit your post?

resact26
                              Participant

You can edit but I’ve found that after you edit twice, it disables your ability to edit again. I really miss everything about the old Outpost! No idea why they did away with it.

resact26
                                Participant

I was just watching the recording of the Fall Meeting recognition ceremony. They had Chuck Norris and Daymond John (from Shark Tank) give a shoutout to the new designees. That was pretty cool.

resact26
                                  Participant

The syllabus hasn’t changed so it shouldn’t matter.

Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 329 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.