Home Forums CAS Exams Transcript

Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 171 total)
  • Author
    resact26
    Participant

Wait till they just drop results at 2 today.

Actuarialed
      Participant

you’re making me nervous

Red
        Participant

Actually I’d prefer that… I’ve always hated the dreadful wait till sentencing date. I’d rather just get an email saying:” go check now”

Actuarialed
          Participant

Me too. I just know the chances are low they will just drop the results on us without notice.

resact26
            Participant

I just read through the Exam 7 thread on goactuary.com. After seeing how supremely confident everyone is over there regarding 7 and 9, I’m now pretty sure I failed both. I had blank questions on both, everyone over there had time to check over their answers and all. Oh well – May it is I guess.

act_123
              Participant

Exam 7 was apparently fair and straightforward.  Exam 9 most people on goactuary.com do not feel that great about it.  Most people left a few blank and or didn’t know how to do 4 or 5 qs.  One or two people are confident, but also acknowledge they didn’t know a few questions.  Pretty sure everyone is in a similar boat for exam 9.  Personally, I know like six people who took exam 9. No one felt good afterwards.

Tigger0209
                Participant

We should take a poll to see how many cried afterwards lol

resact26
                  Participant

I will never forgive myself for not finishing 7. I ended up with 15 mins for the IQ in the end and scrambled to write something down but fell far short. I felt good with alot of the other stuff but that damn IQ is so highly leveraged. Grrr..getting mad just thinking of it.

Red
                    Participant

The sample size in both forums are probably way to small to really be used to gauge the sentiments of the candidates.

resact26
                      Participant

True. While act_123 might be onto something, I spoke to someone who said the consensus at his company for 9 (this is a very large company) is that it was long but everyone finished and feels they’re at least on the fence. I guess we may never know (especially if there’s no pass stats).

Actuarialed
                        Participant

No results. No updates.

act_123
                          Participant

Right I imagine the grades for exam 9 will be clustered around a point or two.  And that’s why my earlier question of will the CAS be inclined to make the pass mark above or below the cluster is important.

If everyone did virtually the same and messed up the same few questions/didn’t know how to do a couple of questions.  Then it all comes down to the clustering and how you did on the IQ.

I really think the IQ is a terrible way to differentiate candidates.

resact26
                            Participant

While I don’t disagree with your sentiment on differentiation, that might work in my favor this time given I slayed the IQ (or felt like I did). Not getting my hopes up at all.

Psych14
                              Participant

Has anyone emailed to ask when they expect to:

a) have another update or

b) release exam stats?

I noticed they haven’t been releasing stats on Online Courses this year so maybe that’s an indication they actually won’t release them anymore even though I personally think they don’t have a reason not to.

Tigger0209
                                Participant

If pass % drops to 10% we’ll never know. That could be a reason.

resact26
                                  Participant

I’m not sure that there’s any point in asking about (a). Some random CAS staff member is not going to be able to say anything that hasn’t formally been communicated. If I had to guess, they’re already getting alot of those calls hence why they said in their last statement, “we understand that candidates are eager to know their results…

Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 171 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.