Home Forums CAS Exams Results Release Date

Viewing 16 posts - 177 through 192 (of 329 total)
  • Author
    resact26
    Participant

Nah I just checked. Only one acknowledgement letter and blank grade slip for 9.

ybeav24
      Participant

For people that took multiple exams this sitting, do you have the same “candidate number” across both exams? I’ve never taken 2 exams in the same sitting before, so wasn’t sure if the candidate number was supposed to be unique to an individual exam, or if you have one candidate number for the general sitting (i.e. same across both exams).

resact26
        Participant

Yes – I had the same candidate number across exams as well. In the past, they would assign different ones for each exam.

resact26
          Participant

PS: SOA released upper-level results this morning.

Actuarialed
            Participant

6C results come out Monday

Psych14
              Participant

I hate that 6U is not the same

resact26
                Participant

“The CAS will be releasing exam results for each exam as soon as they are available, as opposed to releasing the results for all exams on the same day, as was the practice in the past.”

Talk about the wrong sitting to take multiple exams.

https://www.casact.org/press/index.cfm?fa=viewArticle&articleID=4920

resact26
                  Participant

I guess Exam 6C was the least controversial. Perhaps the order will tell us something about pass rates and potential adjustments. Evidently, the timing isn’t based on the number of candidates since I assume 6C is a large group.

act_123
                    Participant

I would imagine exam 9 is last.  I can’t see how the others will be as controversial.

resact26
                      Participant

There’s no reason we couldn’t get a couple of singles then all 3. Or a couple of doubles then a single. Whoever has an inside source, get on it.

resact26
                        Participant

act_123, I know you originally said that a bunch of people said 9 was bad. When I read through the goactuary thread, most of the people there seemed to think it was fine. Did I misread something?

act_123
                          Participant

It’s about reading between the lines.  Most people don’t post on the actuarial forums.  Out of the people who posted they said something to the extent of I didn’t know how to do 4-5 problems but it went okay and I have a shot at passing.  That’s the same thing as saying I did horrible because I didn’t know how to do 4-5 problems.

Everyone I talked to in real life, did not feel great but thought they had a shot.  Basically similar.

resact26
                            Participant

Well something doesn’t add up. There’s a difference between not knowing how to do 4/5 questions and leaving them blank vs writing down formulas and sub steps and getting partial credit vs doing something you’re not sure of and possibly having been right. It’s hard for me to believe you could pass any of these exams leaving 4-5 questions blank. I say that cause I left 3-4 blank for 9 (ran out of time) and have accepted the reality that im pretty much toast. That’s my opinion at least. Come to think of it, maybe we’re saying the same thing after all.

act_123
                              Participant

Sorry I meant people didn’t know how to do 3-4 questions right.

So we don’t know what that means.  Did people throw down something for them (I did – I have semi-reasonable approaches for most – but who knows) or did people just write formulas.  Who knows what anyone will get on those questions.

Because of that, that is precisely why I think most people are in a similar boat.  I wouldn’t be surprised that on 2 of them everyone got 0 points for and then it becomes a question how much partial credit you get on the other two.

BTW I had a friend who consistently left 3-4 questions blank and always passed.  Because he dominated the rest of the test when others didn’t.  He did this on upper levels (he is an FCAS now).

And for all we know everyone got all 4 questions wrong got 0s and the pass mark was moved from a 70% to a 65%.  That’s pretty unlikely.

resact26
                                Participant

Yeh I see what you’re saying. The point you just made about your friend is quite interesting. Interestingly enough, yesterday I came across two old fail reports (1 for 7 and 1 for 9) and the distribution of points was totally different (to the naked eye, one looked clearly better) but somehow I ended up with the same score for both. I guess you never know till you find out.

resact26
                                  Participant

I take back what I said earlier. The historical stats show that 6C only has around 150 candidates in a typical sitting. It makes sense that their results would be released first.

Viewing 16 posts - 177 through 192 (of 329 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.